Skin rejuvenation at a glance
- Skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive and non-surgical approach to improve skin appearance and combat the signs of aging.
- Typical treatments exfoliate, improve radiance and tone, reduce fine lines or moisturize the skin.
- More than 11 million aesthetic procedures were performed in the US from 2012-2013, and 83.5 percent of the procedures were nonsurgical.
- Common skin rejuvenation treatments include BOTOX®, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, acne treatment and products that tighten and improve skin quality.
What is skin rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation, sometimes called medical aesthetics, refers to any procedure or product that improves the look of the skin. Skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive, non-surgical approach to combat the signs of aging.
Acne, dehydration, too much sun, dry, arid conditions and even gravity all take a toll on skin appearance. Over time, the skin can wrinkle, scar, lose elasticity, become dull or change in pigmentation.
Typical rejuvenation treatments exfoliate, improve radiance and tone, lessen fine lines or moisturize the skin. No treatment, however, can fully stop the aging process. A patient will likely will need repeated treatments to maintain results.
Denver Aesthetic Surgery uses medically-based cosmeceuticals and pharmaceutical grade skin care products to find the best skin care products for a patient’s skin type. Patient results will vary depending on the location and depth of wrinkles, scars, age spots and other imperfections.
Who should consider skin rejuvenation?
People may consider skin rejuvenation for a variety of reasons, and the most common of them is aging. The type of rejuvenation treatment depends on a patient’s skin type, the degree of skin laxity and the amount of improvement a patient desires.
Good candidates for skin rejuvenation have one or more of the following conditions:
- Wrinkles or “smile lines” around your mouth
- Wrinkled or sun-damaged facial skin
- Fine lines around your eyes or “crow’s feet”
- Pigmentation, such as brown spots, sun spots or freckles
- Acne or scarring from chicken pox
Denver Aesthetic Surgery offers a wide range of aesthetic services that can be combined to give patients natural results. We will work with patients to determine personal needs and the best treatment to improve the look and feel of a patient’s skin.
- Acne Treatments
- Chemical Peel
- Dermal Fillers
- Photo Rejuvenation
- Skin Care Products
- Skin Tightening
Skin rejuvenation risks and side effects
Skin rejuvenation is a relatively safe process. Common, but minor, side effects include redness, swelling or increased skin sensitivity surrounding the treatment area. Depending upon the procedure, patients with certain skin tones and skin types have an increased risk of side effects. Always consult with a credentialed plastic surgeon or aesthetician to minimize risks.