Loose skin and stubborn fat deposits are common complaints for plastic surgery patients, especially around the midsection. While procedures are available to treat each issue separately, combining treatments can yield an ideal result. Liposuction with a tummy tuck is ideal for creating lean contours, firming skin, and improved muscle tone, especially if you have experience multiple pregnancies or significant weight loss. In plastic surgery, a powerful combination of treatments can maximize results and comprehensively correct troubling aesthetic problems. You get more when you pair liposuction and tummy tuck together.
Bringing Out the Best in Each Other- Why Liposuction and Tummy Tuck Are a Powerful Duo
Think about your best friend for a moment. You’re not the same, but you complement each other in unexpected ways. You both bring valuable and important traits to the relationship, making each other’s lives better. Similarly, liposuction and tummy tuck pair the powerful benefits of fat removal and skin removal to sculpt your stomach. These procedures complement each other, bringing out the best possible results.
- Liposuction removes fat while a tummy tuck tightens up the loose skin left behind.
- Removed excess tissue shows off the enhanced shape that liposuction creates.
- Liposuction can treat surrounding areas to enhance the entire mid-section, such as the hips and back.
- A tummy tuck tightens loose abdominal muscles to restore firm and lean. A tummy tuck gets rid of stubborn fat, so you can show off your flat stomach.
Each procedure transforms on its own, but when you pair these two treatments together, you get the benefits of both.
Why Combining Plastic Surgery Treatments Saves Time
Downtime is one of the biggest downsides of plastic surgery. Who has time to take weeks off from work each time you want to improve the shape and appearance of your body? By pairing treatments together, you can minimize downtime and maximize your results. When we perform liposuction and tummy tuck together, you’ll enjoy a streamlined treatment experience.
Downtime can be a bit longer when we perform multiple procedures together or when we perform an extensive procedure. However, the additional time is usually much less than you’d experience if you recovered from both procedures separately. For example, most tummy tuck patients return to work after 2-4 weeks. Liposuction patients are often back to work in a few days. When you pair liposuction and tummy tuck together, most patients are back to work on a similar schedule to a tummy tuck alone, but with the added results that liposuction provides.
There are other benefits to combining treatments too. Many patients will need some help after plastic surgery. When you get multiple procedures at once, you’ll only need to arrange post-treatment care once – from transportation to childcare and errands. Combination treatments may also be more affordable since you’ll only need to pay associated operating room fees once, such as reserving the treatment room and compensating for specialist’s time, such anesthesiologists.
Liposuction. Tummy Tuck, or Both- What Do I Need?
Are you ready to enhance your body with liposuction, tummy tuck, or both? Learn more about your options below to decide which procedure is the best fit for you.
- Liposuction Alone- Liposuction is an excellent choice for fighting stubborn fat. Choose liposuction alone if you have tight, elastic skin and some excess fat. This fat can be located on many areas of the body including the hips, waist, thighs, buttocks, or upper arms. Liposuction only removes fat. Your skin must be firm to achieve good results with liposuction alone.
- Tummy Tuck Alone- A tummy tuck re-aligns the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin in the abdominal area. Choose a tummy tuck alone if you have stretched skin or muscle separation, which are common after pregnancy, but little excess fat.
- Liposuction + Tummy Tuck- The powerhouse of body contouring treatments, the liposuction and tummy tuck combination is the best fit for many patients. We’ll remove excess fat from the abdomen, waist, and surrounding areas and tighten the skin and muscles in the abdominal area. This treatment approach is ideal after weight loss and most pregnancies.
If you’re not sure what you need, come see us. A consultation with Dr. Lee can narrow your options and help you decide which treatments are the best fit. We’ll also answer your questions and explain the risks and benefits of each procedure you’re considering.
Tighten your tummy and remove excess fat with the powerful combination of liposuction and tummy tuck. Call today to learn more or to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Lee, Denver plastic surgeon.