Chances are, you’ve landed on this page because you’re thinking about scheduling your first BOTOX® treatment with Dr. Ben Lee. Congratulations! You’re taking control of your own life – and appearance – despite the unstoppable aging process. Whether you have an event to look your absolute best for, or you are just fed up with unwanted lines and wrinkles plaguing your face, BOTOX® may be the treatment for you.
Since this is your first BOTOX® treatment, it’s likely you’ll have some concerns or questions regarding the process, like what to expect afterwards. Here are five things any potential BOTOX® user should be aware of:
- First and foremost, avoid touching your skin where the BOTOX® was injected. This can prove to be difficult, as it may feel natural or instinctive to want to touch your face. However, massaging or rubbing your face can make the BOTOX® spread to other, unwanted areas. Therefore, expect to keep your hands away from your face for at least 24 hours.
- Following your BOTOX® treatment, you will not be able to take part in strenuous or physical activity. If you sweat, or sweat in large amounts, you run the risk of aggravating or irritating your skin even more, which will be uncomfortable. While you can still move, work, and go about your daily schedule, you should expect to take it somewhat easy for the first 24 hours.
- For the first initial 24 hours following the BOTOX® treatment, you will not be able to get a facial, chemical peel, or any sort of microdermabrasion. In fact, as stated above, you should expect to leave your face completely alone, and void of all unnecessary irritations, such as makeup or sunlight.
- You should expect both light bruising and mild discomfort following the treatment. As each individual has a different tolerance level for pain, it’s difficult to judge how painful the procedure will be for you. However, most patients are not bothered by the injections, and even get used to them once they become repeat clients.
- Finally, once the procedure is over, and the BOTOX® has taken affect, you should expect a boost in your self-esteem. As unwanted lines and wrinkles begin to fade, or become less noticeable on your face, you should experience more confidence, as you’ll look and feel better than you ever have before.
There’s no shame in pursuing cosmetic surgery, especially a treatment as non-invasive as BOTOX®. Remember, the aging process can’t be stopped . . . but it can definitely be slowed down!
Are you ready for BOTOX®? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Ben Lee today by calling 303-770-1379.